It’s day 1 of 2016.
It’s also day 1 of this podcast.
OnTheGo.FM is a metapodcast
Here’s what I mean by that.
- This is a podcast. It’s a show. Something to listen to. Stories. Conversations. Monologues, like this. Perhaps an occasional dramatic presentation (like old time radio). This is a podcast.
- This is a podcast about podcasts. I listen to a lot of different shows. And I learn a lot from those shows. So, I’m going to share what I’m learning and introduce you to new shows you might enjoy.
- This is a show about podcasting. There’s a bit of “how to” podcast and “why you should consider” podcasting, along with a few principles of podcasting, some philosophy, and prognosticating about the future of podcasts.
OnTheGo.FM is a daily show.
I already talk about podcasting every day (just ask my wife).
The challenge at the start of this new year is to publish a podcast episode every day.
At least during January.
And since this is a metapodcast, I’ll talk about my process of podcasting daily in a few episode along the way.
OnTheGo.FM episodes will be efficient
I plan to keep each episode focused on one main thing, and they’ll be short episodes.
Expect episodes from OnTheGo.FM to range from 5 or 10 minutes to 20 or 30, depending on what we talk about in particular.
OnTheGo.FM will be about ways to use podcasts
Since this is a metapodcast, I’ll be talking about various aspects of podcasting.
Sometimes technology, but more times ideas for podcasting and how podcasts can be used to teach, train, and coach, whether you’re a preacher, personal trainer, sales manager, or a politician.
Podcasts give people freedom to learn while they are on the go—while they’re doing other things.
What kinds of things could people learn from you while they’re commuting, shopping, exercising, or walking the dog?
I want us to explore that.
And I do mean us.
OnTheGo.FM is here for you
I’ll be talking to you every day in January, but I want to hear from you, too.
I’ll be sharing ideas, but I would love to hear your ideas, too.
I’ll be talking about shows I like to listen to, and I want to hear what you’re listening to also.
Comment on this episode.
Sign up today and get two free resources (more to come):
- Podcast Local: 7 ways you can tell the stories of your community
- Podcast Ministry: 8 ways you can serve your congregation and community