12 Episode Series
Based on the analysis of your particular volunteer training needs, here are recommended episodes for your podcast.
1. You Are a Teacher
With the focus on mindset and encouragement, this episode helps volunteer teachers learn a new concept of teaching: Helping people grow from what they think they know to knowing more. It’s something they already do as parents, managers, and friends.
2. No One is Born Knowing
Even teachers need teachers to teach them how to teach.
3. Prior Knowledge Can Help OR Hinder Learning
What your learners think they already know will affect how well they learn
4. Learning Happens Within the Learner
You guide them toward learning, but it’s up to them to actually learn.
5. The Role of the Teacher
If learning is up to the learner, how do I help them learn?
6. Different Kinds and Levels of Learning
There is more to learning than memorization.
7. Teaching Learners Who Are Different (Part 1)
There are thinkers, feelers, and doers in your class, and that makes an impact.
8. Teaching Learners Who Are Different (Part 2)
This is serious. It’s the dark side of teaching only with your preferred style.
9. Teaching Learners Who Are Different (Part 3)
How to change your approach and style to benefit everyone.
10. How to Use Curriculum Materials Effectively
You don’t have to “finish the lesson.”
11. How to Lead Learners to Teach Themselves
Use these techniques to show learners ways they can study on their own.
12. How to Guide Them Toward Lifelong Learning
Encourage them to pursue learning even after they leave your class